Safehaven provides educational services to local school districts through classroom presentations, teacher training, and parenting workshops. Specialized training is available for allied professionals, the workplace, health care professionals, law enforcement and educators. Educational presentations also available for the community at large. Also provides counseling, support groups, case management, legal advocacy, transitional housing assistance, and children’s programs which include counseling, support groups, recreational and therapeutic activities for domestic abuse victims.
24 Hour Hotline: 877-701-7233
For more information:
Arlington Shelter: 817-460-5566
Provides counseling, support, and life-skills training to adults, children, adolescents and families. The individual programs included in the Family Matters umbrella of services are:
- Family Matters Counseling (includes substance abuse group for adults, grief/loss for adults, anger management and more)
- The Truancy Intervention Program
- The First Offenders Program
- Drug Court
- Community Corrections
- Parenting with Love & Limits
- Functional Family Therapy
- and more…
For more information about this organization, please call 817-255-2652, or visit the Lena Pope Home Website.
The Christian Women’s Job Corps offers a twelve-week program offered twice a year which provides the following services:
- Computer Classes
- Career Development
- Stress and Time Management
- Personal Discovery
- Financial Literacy
- Business English
- Bible Study
- and More!
Each student has a mentor to help guide them through the program.
Referrals for social services are made as needed.
For more information about the CWJC, please call 817-275-5600 or visit the CWJC Website.
Center Street Counseling Services provides professional counseling to all in need, strengthening and encouraging families to live to their best. CSCS, Inc. is a non-profit 501c3 corporation designed to help all in need. Each person is free to grow in their own direction and at their own pace. The training of Master’s level counselors helps us achieve our mission by offering services on a sliding scale. No one is turned away for their inability to pay for services.
CSCC Services include:
- Counseling for individuals, couples & families
- Premarital & Marriage Enrichment Workshops
- Divorce Adjustment
- Counseling & Divorce Recovery Workshops
- Play Therapy for children
- Adolescent Therapy
- Sexual Abuse Recovery
- Chemical Dependency Treatment
- Parenting Training
- Cognitive & Psychosocial Adjustment Therapy
- Depression & Stress Management.
Metroplex Women’s Clinic, formerly Arlington/Mansfield Pregnancy Center, provides hassle-free, no-cost services in a convenient, confidential atmosphere.
They provide specialized medical services, education and counseling. No woman leaves the clinic without the help she needs to make an informed choice. They do not charge for their services, and therefore do not profit from the woman’s decision.
The Metroplex Women’s Clinic is a non-profit corporation. As a result of volunteerism and financial donations, they are able to provide quality care to clients at no charge. Individuals, foundations, and organizations throughout the Metroplex area make tax-deductible donations to their centers. Their belief is that a woman deserves a safe and confidential place when seeking information regarding her reproductive choices and sexual health.
For more information, please visit the Metroplex Women’s Clinic website.
Christian Women’s Job Corp (CWJC) of Greater Arlington provides training for women who wish to gain the professional and personal skills necessary for successful employment. Classes are offered both morning and evening in Spring and Fall sessions :
- Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel
- Personal Development, Bible Study
- Interviewing Skills, Resume Writing, Time Management
- Money Management
- and more!
Address: 1516 Wl Pioneer Pkwy, Arlington TX 76013
This free support group for first time single moms age 15-25 meets weekly during the spring and fall, with ongoing mentoring available after sessions. Still accepting new members for Spring session. We think this ministry is a great way to walk alongside women in crisis, to show the love and grace of our Lord as the continue in their journey of choosing life.
Through Embrace Grace, young women will:
- Make new friends in similar circumstances
- Receive a baby shower with NEW baby items
- Be inspired and hope-filled by friends, leaders and God
Still accepting participants.
When: Tuesday nights at 7:00pm.
Location: Grace Community Church, 801 W Bardin RD, Arlington, TX 76016
Visit: www.iEmbraceGrace.com for more information.
Childcare is not available
The Arlington Life Shelter is a local establishment whose purpose is to assist the less fortunate, equipping them with tools and resources to help them get back on their feet.
- Provides shelter, meals and rehabilitative services for homeless men, women, and children.
- The program emphasis is assisting clients to become self-sufficient through case management services, structured employment programs and mandatory classes four days per week focusing on life and job skills.
- Self-help groups (AA, NA, and educational support groups) are also available.
- Arlington Life Shelter provides substance abuse assessments, mental health services as well as employment preparation including job training, searching and coaching.
For more information, call 817-548-9885, email email@example.com, or visit Arlington Life Shelter Website.
This company provides emergency food, clothing (including work clothing), pet food (when available), household items and linens (as available) and seasonal assistance including school supplies, and Thanksgiving & Christmas groceries. There is a supplemental program for elderly/disabled available monthly for clients who qualify. No financial assistance available.
For more information about the services offered, call 817-275-1511, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out the Arlington Charities Inc. Website.